Sports Premium Funding
After the London Olympics 2012 and as part of the Government's legacy plan, the Government committed to give each school additional funding to improve provision of physical education and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE and Sport Premium.
For our school, this is a block sum of £16000 and £10 for every child in our school.
Purpose of Funding
This funding is allocated to primary school headteachers. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.